W8MD medical weight loss centers of America’s insurance physician weight loss programs.
Our W8MD weight loss program is unique in many ways for reasons as noted below.
Our weight loss program has helped thousands of patients achieve their weight loss goals by using a proven four-step method for safe and effective weight loss under physician supervision:
Our weight loss program offers a physician-supervised very low calorie diet with or without meal replacement supplements
- We offer appropriate FDA approved weight loss prescription diet pills to suppress appetite and reduce hunger
- We offer instructions on proper physical activity based on your physical condition and limitations.
- we offer a comprehensive behavior therapy, and
- We offer ongoing weight maintenance and support.
- We address any underlying metabolic, hormonal, nutritional or sleep related causes of weight gain
- We will work with you to make any changes needed to make the weight loss program work for you instead of one size fits all approach
- Our weight loss physicians have one of the highest levels of education, training and experience in the new field of obesity medicine.
- We have many convenient weight loss centers in many states including New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. More weight loss centers to come soon in other areas and states.
We can help you achieve long-lasting weight loss without feeling constantly hungry and deprived. When you resent your weight loss plan because you feel constantly hungry, it is much more difficult to maintain any significant lifelong changes.
When you feel hungry, you are biologically driven to eat, and diet plans that force you to fight that biological impulse can be difficult to maintain. At W8MD Medical Weight Loss Program, we want to help you achieve lasting weight loss results and make changes that will keep you healthy for a lifetime.
W8MD medical weight loss centers weight loss program is dedicated to individualized, affordable treatment and as one of the very physician supervised medical weight loss programs to accept most health insurances for the weight loss physician visits.
No surgery weight loss
Our non-surgical medical weight loss program is based on the latest medical research and utilizes proven methods to lose weight rapidly and keep it off for a lifetime.
Our weight loss physicians are experienced and well trained
Dr. Prab R. Tumpati is a highly trained and respected physician with training in Obesity Medicine, in addition to being board certified in Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine, and is well versed in the medical treatment of overweight and obesity. Dr. Tumpati oversees all our patients and helps customize their individual weight loss treatments. We are committed to helping you lose weight as safely and efficiently as possible.
What is a healthy and safe weight loss program?
A healthy weight loss program consists of:
- A thorough history and physical examination that focuses on the complex factors leading to weight gain including hormonal factors such as hypothyroidism, other hormonal imblances, nutritional deficiencies, insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome, stress eating, eating disorders, sleep disorders, medications, genetic factors to name a few.
- A reasonable, realistic weight loss goal as determined by the weigth loss doctor that fits your particular situation, objectives, and weight loss goals.
- A reduced calorie, nutritionally-balanced eating plan or meal replacement that reduces the calories by about 500-1500 calories a day so you can expect to lose 1-3 pounds per week
- A personalized exercise prescription by a physician familiar with your medical history that you can live with. An understanding that exercise alone, without a restricted diet is almost useless as a tool for weight loss.
- A behavior change plan for long term weight loss success to help you stay on track with your goals and maintain the weight loss.
W8MD’s 8 things to do for fast and safe weight loss in New York City, Philadelphia and NJ
Start with a knowing where you are with a body mass index calculator, a measuring tape, a copy of the last blood work, if have any and understand where you stand.
Step 1 for choosing the best weight loss program
Check your BMI or body mass index using an online BMI calculator. Go to http://www.w8md.com and find the BMI calculator on the right side of the page, put in your information, and find out your BMI.
Step 2 for choosing the best weight loss program
2. Get a measureing tape and measure your waist circumference in the most prominent part of the belly. Also measure the hip circumference. Understand what might be causing your weight gain – see if you might be insulin resistant that might be causing your belly fat!
If you are male and have a waist of over 40 inches in the most prominent part.
and if you are a female and have a waist of over 36 inches, you may have underlying insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome that may be causing your weight gain, especially in the belly and upper part of the body. (For Asians, the threshold is 35 inches for men and 31 inches for women).
Understanding the waist to hip ratio.
Step 3 for choosing the best weight loss program
Check if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome. Go to http://w8md.com/w8d-healthy-living/w8md-metabolic-syndrome-meter and see if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome.
Step 4 for choosing the best weight loss program
Find a weight loss program that accepts health insurance (if you have health insurance)
Step 5 for choosing the best weight loss program
Consult with an Obesity Medicine Trained Physician knowledgeable about metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and other causes for weigth gain and can help you lose weight safely and effectively using evidence based methods.
Step 6 for choosing the best weight loss program
Start a Low Calorie or Very Low Calorie Diet Plan that cuts you calories by about 500-1000 calories a day so you can lose about 1-2 pounds a week
Step 7 for choosing the best weight loss program
Start walking or other low to moderate intensity exercise program. Understand that exercise alone is useless for weigth loss but in combination with a reduced calorie diet, it helps.
Step 8 for choosing the best weight loss program
Start a behavior change plan to help you stay on track with your goals.
If you have health insurance and want to lose weight without surgery, call 1(800)W8MD-007 to learn more or to find a location near you.
If you are a physician interested in a low cost weight loss franchise, you may also want to contact us.