United Healthcare Weight Loss Coverage
UnitedHealthcare is a publicly traded health insurance company that offers plans that provide reliable health care coverage, and dental, vision and other insurance plans to meet the needs of individuals and families.
- Are you a bit overweight or obese, and need to lose some weight?
- Do you have United Healthcare health insurance?
- Do you know the Affordable Care Act mandated insurance coverage for obesity?
Where can I find a weight loss program that accepts my health insurance?
Most W8MD weight loss programs accept insurances for physician visits, any tests and counseling.
What will the W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program entail:
- W8MD will review any medical problems you have and medicines you take to see whether they may be affecting your weight or your ability to lose weight
- W8MD will ask you about your eating, drinking, and physical activity habits
- W8MD will determine your body mass index (BMI) to see whether you’re overweight or have obesity
What BMI should I be concerned before I start losing weight?
People who are overweight have a BMI between 25.0 and 29.9.
Weight loss coverage for obesity screening and treatment by United Healthcare
Depending on which program you or your employer chooses, you may have a variety of weight loss resources available to you. Regardless of which program you are covered by, there are weight management resources available to all members.
Does W8MD accept united healthcare for weight loss?
Most W8MD locations are in network with many plans in United Healthcare.
What W8MD weight loss programs provide to help me lose weight with United Healthcare?
- We provide a behavioral treatment, also called lifestyle counseling, that can teach you how to develop and stick with healthier eating and physical activity habits—for example, keeping food and activity records or journals
- We provide information about getting enough sleep, managing stress, and the benefits and drawbacks of weight-loss medicines
- We provide ongoing feedback, monitoring, and support throughout the program, either in person, by phone, online, or through a combination of these approaches
- We focus on slow and steady weight-loss goals—usually 1 to 2 pounds per week (though weight loss may be faster at the start of a program)
- We provide a plan for keeping the weight off, including goal setting, self-checks such as keeping a food journal, and counseling support
W8MD weight loss team
What weight loss services are covered by United Healthcare?
- united healthcare community plan weight loss
- united healthcare weight loss doctor
- united healthcare medical weight loss
- does united healthcare cover weight loss
- united healthcare community plan covered weight loss
How can W8MD help?