W8MD’s 8 fast weight loss steps
Here are 8 steps for fast weight loss from W8MD in a safe and healthy way.
Fast weight Loss step 1
Fast weight Loss step 2
2. Get a measuring tape and measure your waist circumference in the most prominent part of the belly. Also measure the hip circumference. If you are male and have a waist of over 40 inches in the most prominent part, if you are a female and have a waist of over 36 inches, you may have underlying insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome that may be causing your weight gain, especially in the belly and upper part of the body. (For Asians, the threshold is 35 inches for men and 31 inches for women)
Fast Weight Loss Step 3.
Check if you meet the criteria for metabolic syndrome.
Fast Weight Loss Step 4.
Find a weight loss program that accepts health insurance (if you have health insurance)
W8MD’s weight loss meal replacements
Weight Loss Step 5.
Consult with an Obesity Medicine Trained Physician knowledgeable about metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and other causes for weight gain and can help you lose weight safely and effectively using evidence based methods.
Fast Weight Loss Step 6.
Start a Low Calorie or Very Low Calorie Diet Plan that cuts you calories by about 500-1000 calories a day so you can lose about 1-2 pounds a week.
Fast Weight Loss Step 7.
Fast Weight Loss Step 8.
Start a behavior change plan to help you stay on track with your goals.
Frequently asked questions
W8MD can answer any of these questions at consultation
- How many steps should you get a day to lose weight?
- How many steps should you take a day to lose 2 pounds a week?
- Has anyone lost weight walking 10000 steps a day?
- How do I prepare to lose weight?
- What foods help burn belly fat?
- How do I start my weight loss journey?
- How can I reduce my stomach fat?
- How can I lose 20 pounds in a month without exercise?
- How can lose body fat quickly?
- What are the 5 foods that burn belly fat?
- How can I lose my belly fat in 3 days?
- What exercise burns the most belly fat?
Glossary of terms used
weight loss – reduction in weight
obesity – excess body weight with a BMI of over 30
overweight – excessive fatness with a BMI of between 25-29.9
BMI – Body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to adult men and women.
Waist circumference – Although waist circumference and BMI are interrelated, waist circumference provides an independent prediction of risk over and above that of BMI.