Women ideal waist circumference
Women should have a waist circumference of no more than 35 inches. Women with a waist size of more than 35 inches or men with a waist size of more than 40 inches have a higher risk of developing health problems linked to obesity, such as diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
Ideal waist circumference for men
Men should have a waist circumference of less than 40 for all races except Asians whose limit is 35 inches or under.
|Men: >102 cm ( >40 in.)|
Women: >88 cm ( >35 in.)
How to measure waist?
Measuring waist circumference helps screen for possible health risks that come with overweight and obesity.
Risks of increased waist circumference
If most of your fat is around your waist rather than at your hips, you’re at a higher risk for heart disease and type 2 diabetes. This risk goes up with a waist size that is greater than 35 inches for women or greater than 40 inches for men.
How to correctly measure waist circumference?
To correctly measure your waist, stand and place a tape measure around your middle, just above your hipbones. Measure your waist just after you breathe out.
W8MD’s insurance weight loss
Related weight loss articles
Frequently asked questions - waist circumference
- What is a healthy waist circumference?
- What is a healthy waist size for my height?
- How do you measure waist circumference?
- Is 37 inch waist big?
- How do I reduce my waistline?
- How much should I weigh for my age?
- What is the average waist size for a 5’7 girl?
- What is my fat percentage?
- What is considered obese waist size?
- Is waist circumference better than BMI?
- What is a good waist circumference?
- What is the ideal body measurements for a woman?
- What are the 5 foods that burn belly fat?
- Which exercise is best for reducing waist?
- What exercise burns the most belly fat?
- What size is 37 waist?
- What size is 37 inch waist?
- What size is a 36 waist?
- Which female body shape is most attractive?
- What are the 3 types of metabolism?
- What do you mean by 36 24 36?
- What is a healthy waist circumference for females and males?
- Do Skinny People live longer?
- Who cut off points for waist circumference?