Obesity is common, serious, and costly
- The prevalence of obesity was 39.8% and affected about 93.3 million of US adults in 2015~2016 according to the CDC.
Weight control – steps to lose weight
- Set a reasonable, realistic weight loss goal
- Start a reduced calorie, nutritionally-balanced eating plan such as a VLCD or LCD diet
- Have regular physical activity
- Start a behavior change plan to help you stay on track with your goals
Weight control – definitions of overweight and obesity
|18.5 – 24.9||Normal or Healthy Weight|
|25.0 – 29.9||Overweight|
|30.0 and Above||Obese|
Weight control – causes of weight gain
Before losing weight, you need to stop blaming the victim for obesity and understand the cause of weight gain
Weight control – find a safe weight loss program
How to choose the right weight loss program.
W8MD’s insurance weight loss
Safe and successful weight-loss programs should include
- behavioral treatment, also called lifestyle counseling, that can teach you how to develop and stick with healthier eating and physical activity habits—for example, keeping food and activity records or journals
- information about getting enough sleep, managing stress, and the benefits and drawbacks of weight-loss medicines
- ongoing feedback, monitoring, and support throughout the program, either in person, by phone, online, or through a combination of these approaches
- slow and steady weight-loss goals—usually 1 to 2 pounds per week (though weight loss may be faster at the start of a program)
- a plan for keeping the weight off, including goal setting, self-checks such as keeping a food journal, and counseling support
Learn more on steps to lose weight.
Frequently asked questions
- How weight can be controlled through diet explain?
- What can you do to maintain a weight that is right for you?
- Can you lose weight too quickly?
- What is lifestyle and weight management?
- How can I reduce my stomach fat?
- What are 3 weight management strategies?
- How heavy should I be?
- How can I reduce my weight naturally?
- How much should I eat to maintain weight?
- Is it possible to lose 10 pounds in 3 days?
- What causes rapid weightloss?
- How can I drop 20 pounds in a week?
- What factors affect lifestyle and weight management?
- What are the factors of weight management?
- What is the importance of managing lifestyle and weight?
- How can I reduce my tummy in 7 days?
- What should I stop eating to lose weight?
- What should I drink to lose weight?
- What are the 7 warning signs of cancer?
- Does weightloss mean cancer?
- Does anxiety make lose weight?
- What are five causes of obesity?
- What are two things that determine your weight?
- Does your body try to maintain weight?
- What causes big stomach in females?
- What foods help burn belly fat?
- Do bananas cause belly fat?