Where do we get glucose from?
How does one get diabetes?
Diabetes occurs when the body does not make enough insulin or does not use the insulin it makes.
How does excess blood sugar hurt the body?
Over time, having too much sugar in your blood may cause serious problems. It may damage your eyes, kidneys, and nerves, and may cause heart disease and stroke.
What helps with diabetes?
Losing weight, regular physical activity, weight control, and healthy eating may help you control your diabetes. You should also follow your health care provider’s advice and, when asked to, monitor your blood sugar level and take prescribed medication.
What is the root cause of diabetes and how can we reverse it?
Did you know?
Number of people with diabetes
- More than 30 million people in the United States have diabetes
- 1 in 4 with diabetes don’t know they have it.
- More than 84 million US adults have prediabetes or a third of the entire adult population
- 90% of prediabetes do not know they have prediabetes.
- Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the US
- Type 2 diabetes accounts for about 90% to 95% of all diagnosed cases of diabetes;
- type 1 diabetes accounts for about 5%.
- In the last 20 years, the number of adults diagnosed with diabetes has more than doubled.
Cost of diabetes
- Medical costs and lost work wages total $327 billion yearly for diabetics.
- Medical costs are twice as high as for people with diabetes.
Can you cure or reverse type 2 diabetes?
Studies from University of Alabama have shown that lifestyle intervention and weight loss have the potential to cure diabetes type 2 in many patients.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the main cause of insulin resistance?
- Is raw sugar good for diabetics?
- Can you reverse insulin resistance?
- Is Honey OK for diabetics?
- Are bananas good for diabetics?
- How do I know if Im insulin resistant?
- What are the symptoms of being insulin resistant?
- What does it mean when your body is insulin resistant?
- What should you eat if you are insulin resistant?
- Is keto diet good for insulin resistance?
- Does fasting help insulin resistance?
- Is there a blood test for insulin resistance?
- What is the best medication for insulin resistance?
- Does insulin resistance make it hard to lose weight?
- Does insulin resistance cause weight gain?
- What are the side effects of high insulin levels?
- What is high insulin level?
How can I check if I am at risk of diabetes or have insulin resistance?
Use this free insulin resistance calculator tool to know your risk.