The original HCG diet was advocated by a a physician named Simeone. You can find his protocol here although it has since been modified by others.
Dr. Simeons HCG Diet Orignial Manuscript
What is HCG?
HCG stands for Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) which is officially approved for other indications such as fertility enhancement etc. although it is commonly used by many to help with weight loss.
What is the traditional HCG diet plan?
HCG is a hormone that is produced by the placenta and maximizes the functional capacity of the body’s control centers in the hypothalamus. That one center in the hypothalamus, “the fat bank”, controls the movement and distribution of fat throughout the body. HCG mobilizes abnormal fat and releases it as a source of energy and nutrients. Thus, small amounts of HCG have been shown to mobilize abnormal fat and make it available to the body as a source of energy and nutrients.
The original Simeon HCG protocol calls for a 500 calorie per day diet. If someone were to start a 500 calorie per day diet without HCG he or she would experience hunger, cravings, feelings of misery and a loss of structural fat and muscle mass. However, a 500 calorie per day diet on HCG, a patient typically loses up to one pound of abnormal fat per day. Each pound of fat contains approximately 3500 calories. If people lose one pound of abnormal fat in one day, that makes 3500 calories available to them. This gives patients access to adequate amounts of energy because the rest of the calories are generated internally through the breakdown of fat deposits (lipolysis). Therefore, the patient is not hungry and loses weight.Tired of being overweight?
What are the problems with the original HCG diet protocol?
Problem number 1
HCG diet is based on the yesteryear idea of low fat diet while the current research and data actually support a low carb diet. The low carb diets have been proven to be superior in long term results, and overall health benefits compared to a low fat diet. The low carb diets prevent or improve serious health conditions, such as metabolic syndrome, diabetes, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. The W8MD’s modified EZ HCG diet solves this issue by modifying the food to be low carb instead of low fat.
Problem number 2
the traditional HCG diet is a starvation diet that does not provide enough calories or protein that the body needs to preserve lean body mass and muscle mass. With its 500 calorie starvation diet, most people just give up before they complete the course. The W8MD’s EZ HCG diet solves this issue with increasing the caloric and protein intake to 800 calories and up to 100 – 120 grams of protein.
Problem number 3
The duration of the HCG is too short at 40 days only although obesity is a long term problem and it needs long term solution. Obesity is recognized as a long term health problem and any measure to address it should also be long term. W8MD’s 8 week plan with short break of 2 weeks and repeating the program if needed helps solve this issue.
Introducing the W8MD’s EZ HCG Protocol
W8MD’s 8 key differences
Compared to the original Simeon HCG protocol, here are the 8 key differences in the W8MD’s EZ HCG Protocol
A lower dose of HCG of about 200 IU as opposed to 250 units used in the original protocol
- 8 amazing weeks of weight loss (as opposed to 40 day protocol)
- 800 calories per day to make it easier to follow (as opposed to 500 calorie starvation diet)
- Eat up to 4-8 times a day with low carb ketogenic food items or meal replacements (as opposed to low fat diet)
- 8 easy options for food at each meal so you do not run out of options or get bored
- Get about 8 hours of sleep per day for best restoration and proper rest of the body
- Get 8,000 steps of walking per day so your body is able to burn fat more efficiently
- Drink about 8 glasses of water a day for proper hydration, and weight loss results
- Repeat once every 80 days once you complete the 8 weeks of amazing weight loss
W8MD’s dream team
You do not have to go on a starvation diet with HCG. Our W8MD’s EZ to follow 800 calorie HCG diet not only allows to lose weight fast and safe but also provides all the protein your body needs, and uses the proven principles from a ketogenic diet combining it with the benefits of HCG.
W8MD’s EZ HCG Diet
with 8 options
W8MD offers 8 options for breakfast
8 Breakfast options
1 Hard Boil Egg.
3. Egg and spinach
4. Brussels sprouts Hash with Egg
5. Avocado Smoothie with Coconut Milk, Ginger, and Turmeric
6. Unsweetened choice of soy, or coconut or almond milk with strawberries
7. Egg and 1 slice of cheese
8. Mixed green vegetables smoothie
8 Lunch options
- Any W8MD protein meal replacement
- Salad With Roasted Cauliflower
- Tuna salad rolled in Cabbage leaf
- Stuffed Avocado with Tuna salad
- Dill Tuna Salad Sandwich ( tuna, mayo, dried dill, salt, pepper, hamburger dills)
- Kale and Blueberry Salad Recipe (kale, blueberries, almonds (5 pieces), red onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper)
- Shrimp and Avocado Salad (lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, cilantro, pepper, salt, shrimp, avocados, lettuce or baby greens)
- Cauliflower Pizza (cauliflower, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, olive oil, egg, tomato, pepperoni, arugula)
8 Dinner options
- Better than Rice (purchase online)
- Better than Pasta (purchase online)
- Better than noodles (purchase online)
- Cauliflower rice made from actual cauliflower
- W8MD protein shake
- W8MD protein bar
- W8MD protein soup
- W8MD protein meal replacements
Or any of the lunch options can be used for dinner
HCG diet related questions
- HCG diet NYC
- HCG DIET New Jersey
- HCG DIET BROOKLYN
- HCG DIET PHILADELPHIA
- hcg diet menu
- hcg diet side effects
- hcg diet before and after
- hcg diet recipes
- benefits of hcg diet
W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to weight loss that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.