Men Lose Weight
- Are you an overweight or obese man trying to lose weight?
- Are you wondering what might be causing your weight gain in your upper body?
- Do you know what may be contributing to your belly fat?
- Are you tired of being overweight or obese and needs help losing weight?
- Have tried many of the fad diets and need an evidence based weight loss program?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you are at the right place.
Many men suffer from being either overweight or obese in the United States and losing weight is a top priority for over half of all Americans at given point in time.
According to the Data From Centers For Disease Control:
In other words, more than two thirds of all adult men are considered either overweight or obese in the United Sates.
Although the US Government tries to oversimplify the question of what is causing the weight gain by saying it is “calories in, calories out” or the energy balance equation, knowing this fact alone does not really translate in to any meaningful weight loss! In fact, it is a mathematical equation borrowed in to biology and it is not designed to solve biological problems.
VIDEO – ARE CEREAL GRAINS, HUMANITIES DOUBLE EDGED SWORD?
Before understanding what is causing the weight gain, it is important to understand how we evolved as a human species. For the most part of the over 2 million years that humans are believed to be on this planet, human societies have been large hunters and gatherers. The hunter gatherer societies have a diet rich in high quality animal protein with little bit of non-grain, non-cereal based, starch mostly from fruits, vegetables, roots etc. They also had a very active life style.
Agriculture started about 5000-10,000 years ago when the focus shifted to a grain based diet. Did you this change lead to the rise in obesity? Is agriculture humanities double edged sword? The answer is yes, according to Dr. Loren Cordain, founder of the Paleo Diet.
Agriculture, on the one hand helped in the rise of our civilization by allowing a few people to mass produce large quantities of grain so others can specialize in arts, science and other crafts leading to civilization. On the other hand, our bodies did not have the full ability to digest the cereal grains fully. According to this very interesting research paper from Dr. Loren Cordain, The number of plant species which nourish humanity is remarkably limited. Most of the 195,000 species of flowering plants produce edible parts which could be utilized by man; however less than 0.1% or fewer than 300 species are used for food. Approximately 17 plant species provide 90% of mankind’s food supply, of which cereal grains supply far and away the greatest percentage, mainly Rice, Wheat, Corn(Maize), and Barley).
In this article, Dr Cordain argues that cereal grains lack a number of nutrients which are essential for human health and well-being; additionally they contain numerous vitamins and minerals with low biological availability.
Furthermore, the inability of humans to physiologically overcome cereal grain antinutrients (phytates, alkylresorcinols, protease inhibitors, lectins, etc.) is indicative of the evolutionary novelty of this food for our species. This genetic maladaptation between human nutrient requirements and those nutrients found in cereal grains manifests itself as vitamin and mineral deficiencies and other nutritionally related disorders, particularly when cereal grains are consumed in excessive quantity. More disturbing is the ability of cereal grain proteins (protease inhibitors, lectins, opioids and storage peptides) to interact with and alter human physiology leading to what are called auto immune problems due to molicular mimicry.
8 Things To Do For Men To Lose Weight Fast
- How to get started for men to lose weight? Here are w8MD’s 8 things you can do as a man to lose weight fast and safe
- Start with understanding your BMI.
- Under the true causes of weight gain including insulin resistance (that affects up to 71% of the entire population of the United States), sleep problems, medications, sedentary life style, eating habits, food addiction, allergies, genetic factors, hormonal imbalances and many more
- Is insulin resistance causing your weight gain?
- Understand the 5 proven measures to lose weight
- Set a realistic weight loss goal of about 5-10% of your body weight in the first phase.
- Find the best weight loss program that is right for you such as the W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss programs
- Once you reach your weight loss goals, stay on a weight maintenance program that helps you keep the weight off!
W8MD’S INSURANCE WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM OFFERS
- Physician supervised
- Accept most insurances
- Meal replacements
- Fast weight loss*
- Sleep disorders
- Appetite suppressants
- Limited acceptance
- In NYC, Long Island, NJ & Greater Philadelphia