Diethylpropion is a medication that is used to help people with obesity lose weight. It is a sympathomimetic drug, which means that it works by stimulating the sympathetic nervous system, increasing heart rate and blood pressure, and decreasing appetite.
How is it available?
Diethylpropion is available in immediate-release tablets, sustained-release tablets, and extended-release capsules. It is usually taken once or twice daily, about an hour before meals.
Studies have shown that diethylpropion can be effective for weight loss in people who are obese or overweight. In one study, participants who took diethylpropion for 20 weeks lost an average of 12 pounds, compared to an average of 4 pounds in the placebo group.
Like other weight loss medications, diethylpropion may cause side effects such as dry mouth, constipation, insomnia, and dizziness. It may also interact with other medications and should be used with caution in people with certain medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, glaucoma, or a history of drug abuse.
Use it with diet and exercise
As with any weight loss medication, diethylpropion should be used as part of a comprehensive weight loss program that includes diet, exercise, and behavior modification. At W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa, we use diethylpropion as one of the many tools in our weight loss arsenal to help our patients achieve their weight loss goals.
How can W8MD help?
If you are struggling with obesity and are interested in exploring weight loss options, including the use of medications such as diethylpropion, contact W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced weight loss physicians. We can help determine whether diethylpropion or other weight loss medications may be a good fit for you, and work with you to develop a personalized weight loss plan that meets your unique needs and goals.
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Centers is a network of medical centers located in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and surrounding areas that provide comprehensive care for weight loss, sleep disorders, and aesthetic treatments.
W8MD has several locations for your convenience:
- Philadelphia, PA: Philadelphia medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 1718 Welsh Road, 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19115. Contact: (215)676-2334'
- Wayne, PA: King of Prussia medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 175 Strafford Avenue, Ste 1, lower level, Wayne, PA 19087 Contact: (215)676-2334'
- Brooklyn, NY: NYC medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 2632 E 21st St., Suite L2, Brooklyn, NY 11235 Contact: (718)946-5500
- Cherry Hill, NJ: (Coming soon), tele visits available. Location: 140 E Evesham Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 Contact:(215)676-2334'
- Links: Weight loss | Sleep medicine | Medical spa | IV nutrition | Success stories |
- Diet pills: Phentermine, Phen/Topiramate, Wegovy, Saxenda, Mounjaro, Contrave, Plenity, Diethylpropion, Phendimetrazine
- Resources: W8MD diet | Keto diet guide | Free Ebook | 12 Ways to lose weight quickly | 8 Amazing Weeks