- Are you tired of being overweight or obese and need to lose some weight?
- Do you have CIGNA health insurance and wonder whether they will cover a weight loss doctor visits?
- Do you know the 2010 Affordable Care Act mandates coverage for weight loss?
Does Cigna provide coverage for weight loss?
Since the Affordable Care Act of 2010 mandated coverage for screening for obesity for all adults for obesity and treatment for those that meet certain BMI criteria, CIGNA and most other insurances do cover weight loss screening and treatment via a physician. However, coverage for weight loss medications is limited or restricted by most Cigna plans.
Are the W8MD weight loss programs in network with Cigna in greater Philadelphia, New Jersey or New York City?
Does Cigna insurance pay for weight loss doctor visits?
Yes, also for any tests and weight loss counseling is covered in general although deductibles and or copays might be apply.
What is a healthy weight for me?
Why pay attention to your weight?
Staying at a healthy weight can help prevent serious health problems, including:
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Sleep apnea.
- Certain cancers.
Why most diets fail?
- Most diets are fad diets and don’t work.
- Diets are temporary. When you diet, you’re usually not eating the way you will need to eat over the long term. So when you quit dieting, the extra weight comes back. This is why you need the help of a doctor that is trained in obesity medicine to guide you with a lifestyle change and not another fad diet.
- Dieting usually means not letting yourself have many of the foods you love to eat. So when you quit dieting, you return to eating those foods as much as you used to-or more. And the extra weight comes back.
- Dieting often means eating so little food that you’re hungry all the time and don’t have enough energy. So when you quit dieting, you return to eating as much as you did before-or more. And the extra weight comes back.
- Most diet programs don’t include an increase in activity, which is vital to staying at a healthy weight. So when you quit dieting, the weight comes back.
- Fad diets can actually be bad for you.
- After they quit dieting, most people regain the weight they lost-and many gain even more.
- Many diets do not include the right balance of foods to keep you healthy.
- Dieting leads to eating disorders in some people.
- Some people feel so defeated after repeatedly failing to lose weight and keep it off that they give up altogether on healthy eating and being active.
Since fad diets don’t work, what can you do?
Consult with a weight loss doctor trained in obesity medicine that can use an evidence based program to not only help you to lose weight but also to maintain the weight once you reached your weight loss goals.
How can W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program can help?
W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to weight loss that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.