Medicare PA weight loss
Obesity is a growing concern in the United States, affecting millions of people and leading to various health problems. Medicare and Medicaid have recognized the importance of addressing obesity and have implemented coverage for weight loss services.
Medicare Weight Loss Coverage for Obesity
Medicare covers obesity screening for all adults, regardless of their weight, as it is a screening test. If a person is found to have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more, or have certain weight-related medical conditions even with a lower BMI of 28 or more, they are eligible for weight loss counseling.
Intensive Behavior Therapy
Intensive Behavior Therapy for obesity is covered by Medicare and provided by a qualified licensed physician or other primary care practitioner in a primary care setting. Eligible beneficiaries can receive one face-to-face visit every week for the first month, one face-to-face visit every other week for months 2-6, and one face-to-face visit every month for months 7-12 if they meet the 3kg (6.6 lbs) weight loss requirement during the first 6 months.
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa Centers accepts medicare in our Pennsylvania offices for visits, and tests. The above insurance biweekly program fee of $50.00 includes the diet medication if dispensed in office as diet medications are usually excluded in Medicare or Medicaid coverage. We are committed to helping people with obesity achieve their weight loss goals. Our medical weight loss programs are supervised by experienced physicians and healthcare providers and offer evidence-based treatments, including diet, exercise, behavior therapy, and medication.
Medicaid Weight Loss Coverage for Obesity
The Affordable Care Act has mandated coverage for obesity-related services and coverage under Medicaid. The law provides an enhanced federal match for states to cover obesity screening and counseling for children, adolescents, and adults as recommended by the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF). States are required to design public awareness campaigns to educate Medicaid enrollees on the availability and coverage of preventive services, including obesity-related services. To learn more about Medicaid coverage for obesity, check your state's Medicaid page and the Medicaid website for general information on Medicaid coverage for obesity-related services.
How can W8MD help?
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa Centers offer a comprehensive approach to weight loss that is tailored to each patient's needs. Our team of healthcare professionals is committed to helping people with obesity achieve their weight loss goals and improve their health. We offer evidence-based treatments, including diet, exercise, behavior therapy, and medication, and work closely with each patient to develop a personalized weight loss plan.
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Centers is a network of medical centers located in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and surrounding areas that provide comprehensive care for weight loss, sleep disorders, and aesthetic treatments.
W8MD has several locations for your convenience:
- Philadelphia, PA: Philadelphia medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 1718 Welsh Road, 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19115. Contact: (215)676-2334'
- Wayne, PA: King of Prussia medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 175 Strafford Avenue, Ste 1, lower level, Wayne, PA 19087 Contact: (215)676-2334'
- Brooklyn, NY: NYC medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 2632 E 21st St., Suite L2, Brooklyn, NY 11235 Contact: (718)946-5500
- Cherry Hill, NJ: (Coming soon), tele visits available. Location: 140 E Evesham Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 Contact:(215)676-2334'
- Links: Weight loss | Sleep medicine | Medical spa | IV nutrition | Success stories |
- Diet pills: Phentermine, Phen/Topiramate, Wegovy, Saxenda, Mounjaro, Contrave, Plenity, Diethylpropion, Phendimetrazine
- Resources: W8MD diet | Keto diet guide | Free Ebook | 12 Ways to lose weight quickly | 8 Amazing Weeks