Medicare weight loss NY
Obesity is a growing problem in New York and the United States as a whole. It can lead to a range of health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Fortunately, there are programs available to help people achieve a healthy weight and improve their health.
Medicare obesity coverage
Medicare is a government-funded health insurance program for people over 65 and those with certain disabilities. Medicare provides coverage for obesity screening, counseling, and other related services.
Obesity screening is covered by Medicare for all adults, regardless of their weight. This is considered a preventive service and is provided once a year. If you are found to have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more, or if you have certain weight-related medical conditions, you may be eligible for further weight loss counseling and treatment.
Intensive Behavioral Therapy
Under Medicare, Intensive Behavioral Therapy (IBT) for obesity is covered for eligible beneficiaries. This includes a series of face-to-face visits with a qualified healthcare professional, such as a primary care physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant, to develop a comprehensive weight loss plan. The coverage for IBT for obesity includes:
- One face-to-face visit every week for the first month
- One face-to-face visit every other week for months 2-6
- One face-to-face visit every month for months 7-12, if the beneficiary meets the 3kg (6.6 lbs) weight loss requirement during the first 6 months.
- Medicare also covers weight loss surgery for those who meet certain criteria.
How can W8MD help?
At W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa Centers, we accept most major insurance plans, including Medicaid. Our team will work with you to determine your coverage and ensure that you receive the services you need.
How to get started
To get started on your weight loss journey, schedule an appointment with W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa Centers. Our team of healthcare professionals will evaluate your health and develop a personalized plan that fits your needs and goals. We offer a range of services, including medical weight loss programs, behavioral therapy, and nutrition counseling, to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Don't let obesity hold you back from living your best life - contact W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa Centers today to learn more about our weight loss programs and services.
- Our biweekly weight loss program fee of $50.00 includes up to two week supply of diet medications if dispensed in office.
- Insurance coverage for weight loss
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Centers is a network of medical centers located in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and surrounding areas that provide comprehensive care for weight loss, sleep disorders, and aesthetic treatments.
W8MD has several locations for your convenience:
- Philadelphia, PA: Philadelphia medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 1718 Welsh Road, 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19115. Contact: (215)676-2334'
- Wayne, PA: King of Prussia medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 175 Strafford Avenue, Ste 1, lower level, Wayne, PA 19087 Contact: (215)676-2334'
- Brooklyn, NY: NYC medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 2632 E 21st St., Suite L2, Brooklyn, NY 11235 Contact: (718)946-5500
- Cherry Hill, NJ: (Coming soon), tele visits available. Location: 140 E Evesham Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 Contact:(215)676-2334'
- Links: Weight loss | Sleep medicine | Medical spa | IV nutrition | Success stories |
- Diet pills: Phentermine, Phen/Topiramate, Wegovy, Saxenda, Mounjaro, Contrave, Plenity, Diethylpropion, Phendimetrazine
- Resources: W8MD diet | Keto diet guide | Free Ebook | 12 Ways to lose weight quickly | 8 Amazing Weeks