Medicaid weight loss NY
Obesity is a serious health issue affecting millions of Americans, and can lead to several health complications such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and some forms of cancer. Unfortunately, many individuals with obesity do not have access to effective weight loss treatments due to financial constraints. However, in New York, individuals with Medicaid coverage may be eligible for weight loss treatment coverage.
Weight loss options
- Dietary Counseling: Dietary counseling is an essential component of any weight loss program. It involves working with a registered dietitian or nutritionist to create an individualized meal plan based on the patient’s specific dietary needs and preferences.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is another critical component of a successful weight loss program. It involves working with a mental health professional to address the underlying psychological factors that contribute to overeating and unhealthy food choices.
- Prescription Weight Loss Medications: Prescription weight loss medications can be used to help individuals with obesity lose weight when combined with a healthy diet and exercise program. Medicaid in New York may not cover weight loss medications such as phentermine/topiramate, liraglutide, and naltrexone/bupropion but W8MD includes the medications if dispensed in office in the program fee.
- Bariatric Surgery: Medicaid in New York also covers bariatric surgery for weight loss. Bariatric surgery is a weight loss procedure that involves altering the digestive system to help individuals lose weight. Bariatric surgery is usually reserved for individuals with severe obesity who have not responded to other weight loss treatments.
To qualify for weight loss treatment coverage under Medicaid in New York, patients must meet certain criteria. Generally, individuals with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher may be eligible for weight loss treatment coverage. Additionally, patients must have tried and failed to lose weight through traditional methods such as diet and exercise.
How can W8MD help?
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and Medspa is an insurance covered medical weight loss program(with a minimal weight loss program fee of $50.00 above insurance) that offers a comprehensive approach to weight loss. They accept Medicaid in New York for weight loss, and their program includes dietary counseling, behavioral therapy, prescription weight loss medications, and bariatric surgery.
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Centers is a network of medical centers located in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and surrounding areas that provide comprehensive care for weight loss, sleep disorders, and aesthetic treatments.
W8MD has several locations for your convenience:
- Philadelphia, PA: Philadelphia medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 1718 Welsh Road, 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19115. Contact: (215)676-2334'
- Wayne, PA: King of Prussia medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 175 Strafford Avenue, Ste 1, lower level, Wayne, PA 19087 Contact: (215)676-2334'
- Brooklyn, NY: NYC medical weight loss, sleep and medspa: 2632 E 21st St., Suite L2, Brooklyn, NY 11235 Contact: (718)946-5500
- Cherry Hill, NJ: (Coming soon), tele visits available. Location: 140 E Evesham Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 Contact:(215)676-2334'
- Links: Weight loss | Sleep medicine | Medical spa | IV nutrition | Success stories |
- Diet pills: Phentermine, Phen/Topiramate, Wegovy, Saxenda, Mounjaro, Contrave, Plenity, Diethylpropion, Phendimetrazine
- Resources: W8MD diet | Keto diet guide | Free Ebook | 12 Ways to lose weight quickly | 8 Amazing Weeks